Friday 30 October 2009

Chris Riisager


For my 30th birthday Archie bought me a painting by Chris Riisager. It's a beautiful oil of the ancient tree we both used to climb when we were children; a knarled oak that has stood strong for centuries at the top of the hill overlooking the Wylye Valley. Riisager's paintings of Dorset and Wiltshire have a wistful quality, depicting landscapes untouched by modern life; empty of carparks and unblighted by ice cream vans and traffic jams. Craggy headlands, desolate beaches, views over rolling hills; and the skies - with low sun, hazy light and fluffy clouds - are the sort I remember from my childhood.

1 comment:

  1. How lucky you are to own such paintings. They are truly beautiful.
    I am surfing the internet to find info about Chris Riisager and his family. Was au pair to his family, when he was born.
    Best wishes

    Marianne Brun (denmark)
    marianne_brun@mac.com

    ReplyDelete